Kimry, is the administrative center of the district of the Tver region Kimry.The city is situated 133 km to the east of Tver and 153 km from Moscow, at the confluence of the Volga River Kimrka.The area occupied by the city is 44 square kilometers with a population of more than 48 thousand. Man.
First mention of the city is recorded in the chronicle books to the St. Cyril-Belozersky Monastery.In 1546 the village Cymru considered a major trade and craft settlement.In the XVII century, the palace became Cymru village and goes to the jurisdiction of the Grand Palace.Later this estate owned by Saltykov, then Skavronskaia, and ultimately to 1847, to pay off the Countess Samoilova, the citizens themselves have become the owners of all the land Kimry.The main fishery, which engaged the villagers, was sewing shoes, and at the beginning of the XX century, Cymru became the center of the leather and footwear industry Tver province.In 1907 he built a shoe factory, and in 1917 the village received city status Kimry.
Kimry modern city is a developed industrial city in which the leading role of economic growth takes machinery and machine tools, woodworking and footwear enterprises.The city has a sewing and knitting factory.Effectively develop farms.Cultural development and recreation for the residents of the city provides a large number of libraries and houses of culture, there are several lodges.Construct child care facilities and schools. /25 December 2016